Shell - Johannesburg, Gauteng
Purpose and Accountabilities:
- Provide professional, proactive, timely, cost-effective, practical and commercially ft-for-purpose legal advice and support;
- Identify legal risks in a variety of circumstances and offer alternative strategies and mitigation steps, balancing the business desired outcomes and protecting the business against legal risks;
- Idependently lead meaningful continuous engagements with business/functional leaders and manage their legal support expectations;
- Identify the need to involve Legal colleagues from other Departments and Regional/Global teams, display networked performance by collaborating and coordinating, as necessary, with them and integrate their inputs to deliver business desired outcomes in a risk mitigated manner;
- Represent Shell vis-à-vis third parties in legal negotiations and/or engagements;
- Protect SDSA’s rights and reputation in all financial, contractual and other arrangements;
- Draft, interpret and generally, ensure documents accurately reflect commercial decisions and legal advice, at all times consistent with legal obligations and internal Shell policies;
- Instruct and manage external counsels in accordance with Shell Legal’s internal policies.
Auto req ID
Country of Work Location
The world faces energy challenges that are becoming more complex each day. We’re looking for people who share our passion for taking on those challenges with cutting edge technology, innovative thinking and a commitment to properly managed risk. Shell develops and operates some of the largest and most complex projects in the world and we always endeavour to work at the leading edge of technical innovation.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Admitted attorney (law degree and professional legal qualification);
- Strong academic background and capable of applying jurisprudence in real situations;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Good drafting skills;
- Fluent written and spoken English;
- Knowledge of local laws, in particular the Consumer Protection Act.
- Knowledge of marketing and advertising law, competition law and data privacy laws are an
- Knowledge of franchise agreements.
- Influencing, negotiating and facilitation skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to handle a high-volume practice.
City, State (if applicable)