Tessella - Den Haag, Province of Eastern Cape
Tessella is one of the world’s leading data science and AI consultancies. We are scientists and engineers who enjoy solving the real-world technical challenges faced by industry-leading companies at the forefront of science and technology. Using a combination of deep domain knowledge and technical expertise, including data science, analytics and software engineering, we work with our clients to find new ways to unlock the value held within their data, enabling better-informed business decisions.
As a Business Analyst at Tessella you will enjoy a varied, challenging and rewarding role. You will be working with our customers and internal project teams to help solve complex problems, fulfil needs and exceed expectations.
Our projects range from complex computing and analytical challenges through to technical consultancy, modelling and simulation. You will also be expected to work across a number of domains in different scientific and technical areas and be keen to expand your experience into new areas of expertise. You should be committed to delivering high quality solutions which will add real value to our clients’ businesses.
The role will involve a reasonable amount of travel to meet with customers.
- Apply your strong analytical skills to thoroughly understand our customers’ business and IT needs, translate and capture requirement specifications using common templates using natural language.
- Elicit technical, functional and non-functional requirements using document analysis, workflow analysis, business process descriptions, scenarios and use cases via interviews, customer site visits and requirement workshops.
- Analyse and evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, deconvolute and decompose higher level information into focused detail. Abstract lower level technical detail to enable a general understanding of the information and problem at hand.
- Drive and challenge our customers on their assumptions as to how they can successfully execute their plans and work with them to identify and differentiate true underlying business needs from user requests.
- Act as a conduit between business and customer representatives and the software development teams. Ensure that all requirements and needs are communicated accurately and effectively and are well understood.
- Represent the end users in ensuring solution compliance by helping draft test plans and scripts and carrying out high-level integration and acceptance testing.
- Support Tessella sales managers with generating proposals for tender and winning new business for the company.
- Line Management of technical staff (who are all first-class graduates and postgraduates), ensuring that we continue to provide the challenging and stimulating careers they enjoy at Tessella.
- A scientific or numerate degree or PhD.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and Dutch. Applications should be submitted in English.
- The ability to work and interact with diverse groups of people across varied problem domains.
- The ability to engage in and manage multiple activities simultaneously.
- A good understanding of current business analysis best practices and be able to leverage benefit from their application to new problems.
- Experience in a science or engineering domain.
- Experience in analytics, energy, public sector or consumer goods domains would be an advantage.
- Software development experience would be useful.
Tessella is the Analytics World Class Center of the Altran Group, a global leader in innovation and high-tech engineering consulting. We are leaders in the field of data science and analytics and we have developed a reputation for helping clients solve their most complex technical challenges by unlocking the power of their data, enabling them to make better-informed business decisions.
Our work is at the cutting-edge of high-tech R&D and our projects are varied and rewarding. For example, in pharmaceutical companies we solve computational problems for chemists at the early stages of drug discovery and development, ultimately getting drugs to market faster. We help consumer goods companies model and simulate new product ideas and perform data analysis to improve their processes. We also support oil and gas engineers with the computational challenges of exploration and production, from reservoir modelling to writing control systems. In space and defence, we have written algorithms and solved complex mathematical problems to control satellites and radar systems.