Commercial & Performance Insights Manager
The Coca-Cola Company - Johannesburg, Gauteng
Commercial & Performance Insights Manager
Job Posting End Date:
January 20, 2020
Job Description Summary:
- To provide high quality retail, industry and shopper facts, trends and insights that will enable comprehensive understanding of our business, thus enabling informed strategy development and implementation.
- To provide in-depth understanding of the competitive environment and how we can position our business to win by developing occasions informed brand, pack, price architecture (OBPPC).
- Effectively manage the dissemination and socializing of relevant retail, industry insights to South Africa Franchise Teams as well as to the broader organization.
- Support the development of three-year-strategic & annual executional Business Plans based on deep commercial and competitor insights
Support leadership for optimized planning, target-setting and performance management processes to commit and deliver against aligned business objectives and plans
- Implement, manage and lead research studies/tools to provide in market performance of our portfolio of brands (including market share, distribution, share of visible inventory, pricing, etc.) industry sizing by category/channel/province, as well as shopper insights.
- Work collaboratively with agencies to ensure that the right methodologies are employed and resultant commercial/operational information and insights are reported in a format that is clear and easy to understand.
- Work collaboratively with the commercial associates to understand their information and insights needs and come up with ways to address them fully.
- Monitor and report regular key operational performance measures such as market share, weighted and numeric selling distribution, share of visible inventory of beverages relative to competition utilizing an appropriate retail auditing tool.
- Assist with the development of the research budget
- Analyze and interpret research results to deliver business case needs
- Negotiate contracts with third parties in order to provide the Company with necessary commercial opportunities and services
- Support & manage monthly performance routines within SA Franchise
- Support S&I function across business planning, performance insights & business intelligence at a franchise level
- In charge of understanding and analyzing the key competitive dynamics in our franchise. It involves tracking our key competitors, understanding their strategies and their implications on our business, anticipating their future moves, designing strategies to effectively compete with them and efficiently communicating this information to key decision makers within the Group.
- Some of the routine activities include developing competitor and category profiles, tracking competitive news, performing specific competitive analysis, developing and maintaining a knowledge management platform
- Critical to this role is managing partnerships with core suppliers (i.e. Nielsen, BMI); ensuring on-going data integrity; and ensuring appropriate management access in a holistic, integrated manner.
- Identify key insights, trends, market dynamics that translate into growth opportunities for the franchise; managing research, strategy and innovation agencies and experts, and working together with BU K&I, and Franchise C&CL and Marketing teams.
- Support internal strategic projects and support initiatives from different areas of the company in order to evaluate and pursue opportunities, mitigate threats and risks and assess their long term implications for the business.
- Support & collaborate in Conjoint Pricing Studies
- Lead the evolution and maintenance of Marketing Mix Models (MVA)
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn’t enough. We need genius.