Senior Brand Manager
The Coca-Cola Company - Johannesburg, Gauteng
Job Posting End Date:
March 22, 2020
Job Description Summary:
The Senior Brand Manager is the PASSIONATE DRIVER of the Coke TM BUSINESS in SEABU. This position needs to lead the transformation of Coke TM, playing a critical role in achieving SEABU Goals. The main objective of the role is to implement the vision of the Coke TM portfolio, define a purposeful growth strategy, whilst refreshing the brand building capabilities of our teams. In the journey of contributing to our company mission of Refresh SEABU and Make a Difference, the Coke TM team will focus its efforts behind our marketing Key Vision Enablers.
1. Support the development of the Brand Strategy for the Coke TM Portfolio, inclusive of innovation and communication strategies that enable ACTION, based on strong consumer insights and analyses.
- Support the development of the Category SBP for SEABU, based on strong consumer insights and analysis.
2. Support the development of Coca-Cola TM ABP and co-create Market ABP
- Support the development of Coca-Cola TM platforms/calendars/DME and align with Marketing Manager
- Support development and deployment across markets
- Partner with cross functional teams to develop holistic plans that enable growth
3. Develop Coca-Cola TM Portfolio Innovation and Communication initiatives:
- Develop innovation initiatives end-to-end thru CIF process
- Develop Business Brief for Communication initiatives and provide feedback to cross functional teams along the Growth Factory process to make sure plans are developed and executed according to brief.
- Ensure disciplined performance tracking reviews on all initiatives (After Action Reviews/During Action Reviews/Category Reviews)
4. Support Marketing Activation Teams to sell in major initiatives/innovations (i.e. Bottler Meetings, Quarterly
Business Plan Review (QBP); Monthly Marketing Review (MMR)
- Ensure information flow from and to the Activation teams.
5. Develop Ad Hoc Category initiatives to achieve annual business objectives.
- Monitor category and brand execution, and results. Proactively identify issues in markets and develop
solutions with local team.
6. Role model the behaviours and competencies of the TCCC marketer of the future, creating high engagement
(smiles) amongst your cross functional teams.
Minimum 5 years of brand marketing experience in a FMCG or equivalent environment, encompassing:
- Brand Management
- Project management
Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or Business Economics.
Our Growth Culture:
One of the reasons our company continues to thrive after 130+ years is having a company culture that supports and rewards behaviors that lead to growth. Our “Growth Behaviors,” as we call them, are ways of being and working that help to make us successful. Think about how you can bring this to life in your next role at Coca-Cola.
Keep seeking, never settle. Staying curious about what is outside, and two steps ahead inspires us to challenge the status quo. Having the courage to look and leap is the way we grow. Because asking “what if?” pushes us to the next level as people and as a company.
Make it happen. True empowerment is the result of taking responsibility. This means giving yourself permission to see it, say it and do it, and owning the outcomes. Because we move forward faster when we all take action.
Version 1.0, 2.0, 3.0
Push for progress, not perfection. There are very few overnight successes. Greatness is borne of many little victories (and failures). Share v 1.0, test it, and make it better. Then create the next version. Because the moment we think something is perfect, it will be obsolete.
Include, value and trust each other. We are smart alone but together we are genius. This means being inclusive, giving the benefit of the doubt and being responsible for each other. Because, for our company to thrive for the next 100+ years, smart isn’t enough. We need genius.