TransUnion - Johannesburg, Gauteng
What We'll Bring:
This role requires that you leverage your proven expertise as a subject matter expert in data management, credit risk and data/credit legislation to ensure that TransUnion is fully compliant with all industry and legislative requirements. This role requires you to form strategic and operational relationships with key industry stakeholders to ensure that decisions made are beneficial to TransUnion and the Industry. This position integrates experience and theory to identify, initiate and manage the implementation of data governance requirements ensuring that the design, development, operations, implementation, systems validation, training and product output meets requirements. You will bring creative energy to a team that values innovative thinking and use your skills to form relationships, both internally and externally, in order and to drive data governance initiatives forward. You will work collaboratively with colleagues throughout the business and with key industry stakeholders.
What You'll Bring:
- Develop and maintain key strategic and operational relationships with clients, regulatory bodies, associations and internal stakeholders
- Keep up-to-date with legislative requirements and association rules that affect TransUnion from a data management, process and product perspective
- Ensure that the necessary legislative and industry requirements are implemented in order to ensure that TransUnion is and remains compliant
- Represent TransUnion at various industry forums and work streams to determine and agree Industry and Bureau requirements and activities
- Consult with the relevant industry bodies to ensure that decisions made are in the best interest of the Industry and TransUnion.
- Lobby effectively in order to ensure that industry requirements are in line with TransUnion’s current business processes or in order to limit the impact on current business processes and product offerings.
- Assess the impact of new industry requirements and ensure that they are implemented effectively and in such a way so as to limit the impact on current business processes and product offerings.
- Identify and manage the implementation of data compliance and governance requirements by raising development requests, Business Cases for Projects etc. Ensure that the design, development, operations, implementation, systems validation training and product output meets requirements.
- Plan and execute deliverables in terms of business strategic requirements, identify and assist areas within TransUnion to assess impacts and potential impacts of projects and use of data
- Promote data governance disciplines and purposes to the enterprise by implementing data governance directives and policies
- Assist Marketing and Sales with revenue generating opportunities / product development and enhancements utilising data from data governance initiatives.
- Coordinate knowledge sharing sessions internally to ensure that there is sufficient awareness of legislative and association rules and the associated impact on TransUnion and the industry
- Keep track of TransUnion’s data compliance requirements, and ensure that issues are logged, reported and resolved.
- Assist in the design and development of all governance reporting. Monitor data stats on a monthly basis in order to identify and track data trends and report anomalies to management and relevant departments. Liaise with the necessary internal departments to identify reasons behind the shifts in the data
- Meet all compliance and reporting requirements for all regulatory associations, i.e World Bank etc.
- Respond to queries timeously from the NCR, CBA, CPA, CIO etc.
- Coordinate and execute data audits with the NCR, Chicago, CBA etc.
Impact You'll Make:
- 4-5 years of relevant work experience in data management and credit risk. Knowledge of TransUnion’s database and products is strongly desired. Must have a strong problem solving aptitude in order to understand impact of regulatory and industry initiatives on data, products and operational processes.
- SME services and advisory role
- Must be extremely competent in MS Excel and MS Access, SQL an advantage.
- Technical aptitude with strong logical, problem solving, and decision-making skills. Proficiency in performing multiple tasks and dealing with changing deadline requirements required.
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills; strong listening and teamwork skills; and effective presentation skills are also required. Must be focused, flexible, and organized. Travel may be required
TransUnion Job Title