TransUnion - Johannesburg, Gauteng
What We'll Bring:
Responsible for the evolution of a specified product set. Create product release roadmap and ensure alignment of development agenda with the product strategy. Follow market evolutions and collect needs from internal and external sources to identify key features/evolutions required. Monitors product economics and prioritize features accordingly. Provides feedback, guidance and input to CoE product resources, will lead efforts to initiate research and analysis, develop and launch product line extensions and enhancements. Will provide general field support efforts to the sales team aligned with individual product strategies.
What You'll Bring:
- Supports product manager in defining product strategy and roadmap
- Supporting business case development
- Determine profitability, pricing, product life cycle, distribution channels, positioning, and promotion strategy for product portfolio
- Identifies tactical, performance or other enhancements to the product that are required and works with the product owner, IT and/or CoE to prioritize/schedule, maintain product backlog and roadmaps
- Initiate industry and product research, obtain customer feedback on product efficacy, performance, enhancements etc. Evaluates research results and recommends options to explore new product development to management
- Identifies and evaluates the viability of new and existing products by monitoring ROI of products
- Monitors performance of product and identifies growth opportunities and provides recommendations to Sales (measured through revenue growth; increased volumes, increased number of clients; usage)
- Review complex business processes to identify areas or improvement specific to product portfolio
- Assist with product launch activities related to product line extensions and enhancements consistent with product portfolio strategies. Develops product launch plan and develops sales tools including internal training materials, presentations, features and benefits
- Works with stakeholders to ensure product is effectively launched
- Support sales, create publicity and promotion, provide pricing recommendations and guidelines, provide sufficient collateral to ensure customers understand the value of TransUnion and ensure productivity and quality meets our product value statement
- Serves as business analyst and project manager for overall product launch activities
- Presents on the product management process and represents the business unit at sales meetings, customer meetings, or cross-organizational internal meetings
- Performs user acceptance testing as needed and interfaces with IT if and when defects are identified
- Delivers weekly, monthly product performance reports and dashboards
- Performs ongoing product support tasks, responds to customer queries as needed
Impact You'll Make:
- Tertiary Education with a qualification in product management/marketing/communications.
- May look at a graduate or someone with 1 to 2 years junior product management experience.
- Must be able to work independently and in team settings.
- Strong administration skills.
- Must be well organized with excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects with varying due dates and requirements.
TransUnion Job Title
Sr Analyst, Product Management