TransUnion - Johannesburg, Gauteng
What We'll Bring:
Information Security - Consultant
TransUnion is a leading global provider of information and risk management solutions to businesses across multiple industries and to individual consumers. Our technology and services enable businesses to make more timely and informed credit granting, risk management, underwriting, fraud protection and customer acquisition decisions by delivering high quality data, and by integrating advanced analytics and enhanced decision-making capabilities. We have operations in the United States, Africa, Canada, Latin America, Asia Pacific and India and provide services in 25 countries. Currently, our African footprint extends through Botswana, Kenya, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Rwanda, South Africa, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia and Zimbabwe. Since our founding in 1968, we have built a stable and highly diversified customer base of approximately 45,000 businesses in multiple industries, including financial services, insurance, healthcare, automotive, retail and communications.
At TransUnion, we know that finding the right people is the reason we’re a global leader in credit information and information management services. We strive to provide an environment that allows our talented people to find success and satisfaction. Now, we’re adding to the team and seeking a Storage Engineer Consultant.
The Team’s Focus:
TransUnion maintains credit histories on more than 28 million customers in Africa and more than four million credit-active businesses. With 700-plus employees through the region, we specialize in combining comprehensive data intelligence, advanced analytics and decisioning, enabling both consumers and businesses to achieve their financial ambitions. Protection of these information assets is critical our customers and business.
As an Information Security Consultant, you will be responsible for supporting our Information Security function for Africa. You will support local security technologies, represent Global Information Security on local projects and provide technical guidance and recommendations to local IT management and other stakeholders.
What You'll Bring:
How You’ll Contribute:
• Act as a strategic security advisor on application development and technology deployment projects, maintaining a working knowledge of TransUnion’s Information Security Policy and standards and, when needed, collaborate with regional and global Information Security leads and subject matter experts to provide guidance on security posture.
• Monitor threat and vulnerability management tools for alerts or changes in TransUnion’s security disposition and respond to anomalous events accordingly. This includes assisting the Global Security Operations Center with local security investigations and coordinating with IT leaders and engineers as appropriate.
• Assist in planning, adoption and implementation of TransUnion’s security posture and solutions in Africa’s technology environments and platforms.
• Maintain and test incident response process and ensure its integration with the Global Threat Management framework.
• Maintain a thorough understanding of current security deviations, open assessment and audit findings, vulnerabilities, and alignment to TU’s security posture.
• Provide local operational support for information security tools such as Content Filtering, DLP, IDS/IPS, AV, WAF and others.
What you’ll bring
As a Consultant, you should have at minimum 4 - 6 years of hands-on information security experience, and a Bachelor’s Degree in a related technical field. Specifically, you should have expertise and experience in the following technical and professional areas:
• Experience with designing, developing and implementing security processes, controls and technologies
• Working experience with multiple of the following: Vulnerability Management, AV, IDS/IPS, Content Filtering, DLP and Incident Response
• Working knowledge of industry frameworks and standards such as ISO 27001/27002
• Ability to operate independently as an information security advisor and a hands-on contributor on technology deployments and other projects
• Experience with performing system audits and security assessments, and in interfacing with external auditors
• Experience with reporting security metrics (dashboards, KPIs, KRIs)
• Understanding of Web applications and Layer 7 network protocols
• Working knowledge in at least two of the following: Windows, Open Systems and TCP/IP networks
• Security certification such as CISSP, GIAC or CISM a plus
• Experience in working at global financial institutions a plus
Impact You'll Make:
TransUnion Job Title
Sr Consultant, Information Security