Sr Consultant, IT Business Analyst (Agile)
TransUnion - Johannesburg, Gauteng
What We'll Bring:
At TransUnion, we have a welcoming and energetic environment that encourages collaboration and innovation we’re consistently exploring new technologies and tools to be agile. This environment gives our people the opportunity to hone current skills and build new capabilities, while discovering their genius.
Come be a part of our team – you’ll work with great people, pioneering products and cutting-edge technology.
What You'll Bring:
- Business Analysis qualification and/or B.Com degree with at least 4 years Business Analysis experience.
- Agile experience in either Scrum or Kanban. With good user story writing ability.
- Advantageous to have is API and Cloud experience.
- Data Analysis is an advantage but not a requirement.
- An in depth knowledge of Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and SQL.
- Analytical skills and the ability to identify problems, gaps and contradictions.
- Customer centric attitude
- Demonstrated expertise with business systems, broad-based knowledge of business.
- The ability to research, analyse, make business decisions, and defend recommendations at the highest management levels.
Impact You'll Make:
- Partner with the Business and Customers and be considered the Subject Matter Expert on the subject. Actively participate and interact to understand business needs, identify the best solution.
- Prepare and participate in the development of business cases and proposals, including identification of alternatives and cost/benefit analysis.
- Assist in the analysis and design of new business processes around requirements definition, information gathering, and consistent documentation methodologies.
- Facilitate Business Requirements gathering sessions with key stakeholders and subject matter experts, developing high-level and detailed business requirements as needed to support enhancements to business processes, systems and/or applications. Develop clear and concise functional requirements for the technical developers that are free from ambiguity to minimize re-work and errors. Recognize the business’s needs and the implications of change. May formulate alternative solutions to satisfy business requirements.
- Develop Functional Specifications for system enhancements that meet the business requirements.
- Consult and work closely with technical team members to ensure all requirements have been accurately addressed as well as supports the technical group during the design and development activities
- Coordinate updates to supporting documentation (such as training, processing procedures) as part of the Systems Development Lifecycle
- Participate in the development of test plans, testing of changes and reviewing the results.
- Participate in quality management reviews as outlined in the project work plan, and in reviews of the designs, prototypes and other project work products to ensure they fulfill the requirements.
- Performa Data Analysis from different sources
- Continue to build on technical and business knowledge to better understand the link between business and technology. Analyze methodologies for process improvements, better utilization of resources, product enhancements, improved communications and faster issue resolution.
TransUnion Job Title
Sr Consultant, IT Business Analysis