University Research Co. - Pretoria, Gauteng
Project Name: CDC OPIQ Project
Position Title: Data Capturers (3 position)
Type: Regular/Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with required experience and qualifications
Reports to: Monitoring, Evaluation and SI Director
Location: High priority provinces (TBD)
University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URCs mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/).
The 5-year CDC-funded Optimizing Performance by Improving Quality (OPIQ) project will focus on HIV and HIV/TB Programs in the Republic of South Africa. The project will provide a technical support to national and local level governmental and non-governmental implementing partners on quality improvement (QI) and quality assurance (QA) tools and approaches, with focus on the 27 highest burden districts and priority populations for prevention and care. To reach epidemic control, the project will aim to optimize HIV and HIV/TB program performance by improving: early identification of HIV/TB performance gaps; the capacity of IPs and DOH at all levels to use QI and QA approaches to address those gaps; the harvesting and dissemination of best practices to scale up proven interventions; and the use of innovative data-driven platforms to improve data-based planning and management.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Data Entry Staff is responsible for compiling facility-level and district-level data on QA/QI interventions from all supported IPs in target districts to enable monthly analyses of specific QI projects. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Request Weekly/Monthly and Quarterly reports from the supported districts and provinces
- Check source documents for accuracy
- Verify data and correct data where necessary
- Obtain further information for incomplete documents
- Update data and delete unnecessary files
- Combine and rearrange data from source documents where required
- Enter data from source documents into prescribed computer database, files and forms
- Transcribe information into required electronic format
- Scan documents into document management systems or databases
- Maintain effective filing system for all project information, reports, source documentation, TraiNet attendance registers and tools
- Timely and accurate capturing of training data onto TraiNet
- Responding to queries and data requests relating to data verification reports by donors, admin and other project stakeholders
- Comply with data integrity and security policies
- Where necessary, produce data capture tools
- Assist in any other project related activities as and when necessary
Required Experience and Qualifications:
- High school diploma
- Formal computer training an advantage
- 1 year of prior data entry experience is preferred
- Proficient in relevant computer applications such as MS Office
- Accurate keyboard skills and proven ability to enter data at the required speed
- Knowledge of correct spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Knowledge of clerical and administrative procedures
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We value and seek diversity in our workforce.