University Research Co. - Pretoria, Gauteng
Project Name: CDC OPIQ Project
Position Title: Office Assistant
Type: Regular/Full Time
Salary: Commensurate with required experience and qualifications
Reports to: Finance and Administration Director
Location: Pretoria, South Africa
University Research Co., LLC (URC)
URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
Established in 1965, URC offers a range of technical assistance to strengthen health and social systems and service quality by empowering communities and health workers to identify and scale up locally appropriate solutions to critical problems. Internationally, we expand access to and improve the quality of services addressing maternal, newborn, and child health; infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS, TB, and malaria; reproductive health and family planning; food and nutrition; and vulnerable children and families. In the US, we focus on improving communication related to issues like substance abuse, with a particular focus on reaching underserved populations.
URCs mission is to provide innovative, evidence-based solutions to health and social challenges worldwide. Please join us in carrying out our mission (http://www.urc-chs.com/).
The 5-year CDC-funded Optimizing Performance by Improving Quality (OPIQ) project will focus on HIV and HIV/TB Programs in the Republic of South Africa. The project will provide a technical support to national and local level governmental and non-governmental implementing partners on quality improvement (QI) and quality assurance (QA) tools and approaches, with focus on the 27 highest burden districts and priority populations for prevention and care. To reach epidemic control, the project will aim to optimize HIV and HIV/TB program performance by improving: early identification of HIV/TB performance gaps; the capacity of IPs and DOH at all levels to use QI and QA approaches to address those gaps; the harvesting and dissemination of best practices to scale up proven interventions; and the use of innovative data-driven platforms to improve data-based planning and management.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Office/Finance Assistant will coordinate office operations and will provide office management services to the project. He/she will assist in maintaining office files and assist with administrative, logistic and financing tasks.
The Office/Finance Assistant will be responsible for the following activities:
- Manage office upkeep and other space requirements including office maintenance concerns;
- Monitor land lines and cell phone calls to determine official and personal charges;
- Assist with travel bookings and arrangement for project staff local and international travels;
- Control office correspondences through proper handling, distribution and filing of office mail;
- Assist admin/finance staff to prepare training rooms, chair and tables for staff meetings, trainings and workshops;
- Assist District/Provincial Quality Coordinators with regional finance planning, control and monitoring in direct coordination with main office;
- Assist in preparing necessary documents for authorized disbursements and ensure that all payments are accurate and timely;
- Assist with voucher scanning and uploading into URC shared drive
- Perform other finance/accounting and logistics related duties as required by supervisor.
- Diploma in Finance/Accounting;
- Minimum 3 years of experience in finance/accounting preferably with a non-governmental organization;
- Proficiency in Quick Books Program;
- Demonstrate willingness to work with others in an interactive team setting;
- Fluency in writing and spoken English;
- Good interpersonal, organizational and team building skills.
URC is an E-Verify Employer
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We value and seek diversity in our workforce.