Pre-Sales / Systems Engineer
Veeam - Johannesburg, Gauteng
Since its launch in 2006, Veeam has been a leading provider of backup, recovery, and replication solutions. We understand the criticality of the move to the cloud, which adds complexity in not only managing and mining data but also leveraging that data for positive business value and innovation. It’s why Veeam offers exceptional visibility and control capabilities through our extensive orchestration engine, delivering virtual, physical, and cloud data management, for any application, and any data, across any cloud. It’s how we’ve grown to work with 82% of the Fortune 500 companies in 30 countries around the world. With over 350,000 customers, such as L’Oréal, PwC, Volvo and Gatwick, Veeam has become the #1 Cloud Data Management Provider sold through partners like VMWare, HPE, Cisco and Microsoft.
As a billion-dollar software company, we rely on the diverse backgrounds and ideas of our people to advance our growth and innovation and we’re passionate to develop the industry’s most inclusive and high-performing team. Through embracing transparency and trust, recognizing and developing our employees, and giving back to the communities we share, we’re also creating a Veeamazing place to work. Join Veeam, the #1 Cloud Data Management provider, today.
At Veeam, Senior Systems Engineers work closely with the sales team to evangelize our product offerings to our customers and channel partners. These positions require significant travel within the region of responsibility.
- Working with sales to help secure and grow business with new and existing mid-size and Enterprise end-user customers, Cloud and Hosting providers.
- Provide web-based and on-site demonstrations and Proof of Concept of Veeam product portfolio
- Work closely with Veeam1s value added Cloud and Hosting providers, offering training, enablement, joint meetings, and relationships
- Provide pre-sales support and/or on-site installation assistance to customers as they evaluate Veeam software
- Together with sales colleagues build and maintain relationships with Enterprise customers and strategic alliance partners
- Advise and influence customer decisions on their future business strategy, and have the ability to ensure total customer experience on assigned accounts
- Drive business conversations with relevant C-level stakeholders
- Provide input for and participate in Veeam marketing events
- Evangelize Veeam messaging at marketing events
- Coordinate presales efforts with customers, through the help and collaboration of Veeam Solution Architects, System Integrators, and Professional Services figures (regardless if they are Veeam colleagues or via Partners)
Skills & Experience:
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluent in English.
- Comfortable in presenting to groups, both remotely and in person
- Able to travel throughout South Africa
- A self-starter with the ability to learn new technologies quickly
- VMware and Microsoft virtualization technologies in large environments
- Virtualization management solutions, like vRealize Operations and Systems Center
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Azure and AWS; be comfortable to position and Excellent experience in using social media to help promote and grow the Veeam community