Account Executive - Large Enterprise
Workday - Johannesburg, Gauteng
Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
As a Large Enterprise Account Executive, you will be directly responsible for the growth of Workday in South Africa and beyond. You will represent our global brand and values taking the sales lead to new organisations, creating long lasting partnerships with leading brands, bringing them into to the Workday family and transforming the way in which they manage their businesses.
Humility, enthusiasm and leadership will be key to being successful in this role. If you want to be part of something exciting, please read on!
Role & Responsibilities
- As a Senior Account Executive, you will be passionate, enthusiastic and a successful new business salesperson who wants to be part of one of the most disruptive cloud companies on the planet
- You will be a key player in Workday’s field sales team to drive net new business sales into strategic opportunities across various industries
- You will drive complex sales cycles through orchestrating internal teams of pre-sales, value management, bid management, inside sales, marketing and sales support
- You will implement value-selling processes alongside a wealth of knowledge of Workday’s products and portfolio
- You will use your experience and consultative selling skills to initiate long-standing relationships with prospective customers and executive sponsors
- You will employ effective selling strategies to successfully position Workday as a viable cloud partner of choice to alternative to legacy ERP solutions.
- If you have a stellar sales track record capitalising on strategic accounts, are a self-starter, and love working in a dynamic environment, then Workday is the place for you
- Understand the strategic competitive landscape and customer needs so you can effectively position Workday into large enterprise accounts
Experience / Qualifications
- Experience of selling to C-level within enterprise accounts from a direct, field sales position
- Ability to understand and effectively explain the benefits of an on-demand/web services/ Cloud / SaaS architecture
- Cultivate mutually beneficial relationships with strategic partners and alliances
- Proven successful experience on transformational sales and creating a new for innovation with global accounts
- Prior sales experience of selling disruptive solutions in cloud / SaaS technology or business applications (preferably ERP / HCM / Financial planning)
- Experience as a leader in a team selling environment towards large enterprise organisations
- Proven ability in managing complex sales cycles from start to finish with a track record of successful revenue attainment
- Proven experience of pulling together different business units to maximise on sales opportunities
- Maintain accurate and timely customer, pipeline, and forecast data
- Familiarity with consultative selling methodologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-starter attitude with the ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic environment
- Eligible to work in South Africa and experience of selling into this market
- Ability to travel within the African region to secure new business opportunities
As a part of the Workday application process, candidates applying to some roles may be asked to complete an assessment by pymetrics. If the pymetrics assessment applies to the role you will be asked to do the assessment after submitting your application. Workday reviews the pymetrics results as one factor alongside other candidate qualifications to help identify the best fit for Workday.