Information Systems Officer
World Wildlife Fund - Cape Town, Province of the Western Cape
h2>Information Systems Officer
Finance & Business Support Unit
(Permanent position based in Cape Town)
WWF is one of the world's largest and most respected independent conservation and environmental organisations, with almost 6 million supporters and a global network active in more than 100 countries.
Our mission is to stop the degradation of the Earth's natural environment and to build a future in which we all live in harmony with nature, by conserving the world's biological diversity, ensuring that the use of renewable natural resources is sustainable, and promoting the reduction of pollution and wasteful consumption.
Our work is challenging and exciting, and we love what we do. To join our team you need to be brilliant at what you do, passionate, results-orientated and have a positive and helpful attitude.
As the Information Systems Officer you must be able to adapt to a fast-paced environment and change with our growing business. This position requires a quick learner who takes personal responsibility for customer satisfaction and completing tasks on time with a high level of detail. As a part of the IT and Business Operations teams, you will be required to evaluate business processes, acquire the relevant knowledge on the software applications used by the Business Units and consolidate the data to use for decision making. In addition to Netsuite products you will also be responsible for providing technical support for some of our customer-focussed software products. The successful candidate will be required to document each support related query, troubleshoot technical issues, escalate if needed, and manage the resolution for our customers to ensure a high level of satisfaction. You will also serve as the Netsuite SME within the support group and serve as the main point of escalation for these products.
- NetSuite Administrator and addressing NetSuite Help Desk calls, including escalation to the NetSuite service provider
- Integration of NetSuite with Sharepoint, SAGE, GIS, MailChimp, Shopify, etc.
- Integrated Master Data Management with other Software leaders (e.g. SAGE)
- Intelligence development for the WWF Strategy: Data Analysis leader for Exco Plus level questions (Directorate Budget)
- Manage IS Service Providers for Unit level work (using Unit budgets)
- Maintain a high level of customer satisfaction through professional communication and consistent and timely follow up.
- Monitor and respond to phone, email, chat or web cases for new and existing customers.
- Manage escalated support activities from initial report and documentation through resolution.
- Identify, recreate, research, prioritize and resolve product issues; documenting knowledge gained.
- Test our products with the latest product updates from Netsuite and report any issues to the IT manager and external service provider.
- Provide content for our internal Knowledgebase and customer facing Support Forums.
- Provide input regarding product enhancements.
- Demonstrate product functions and features to internal and external customers either in person or remotely
- Appropriate tertiary qualification, preferably a National Diploma level qualification in Data/Business Analytics and/or Netsuite Administration level studies
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a technical support role specifically supporting ERP systems
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a data and/or business analyst role
- Must have an analytical mind-set to provide intelligent reporting at an Exco level
- Excellent customer service, written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellence in efficiency and accuracy are necessary.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task under time constraints
- Ability to troubleshoot and problem solve in a quick, calm, analytical and methodical manner
- Ability to work independently and still make significant contributions to the team.
- Ability and willingness to work extra hours as needed.
To apply please click here fill out the application form, and provide a detailed CV and covering letter (attach under “Documents”) fully motivating why you should be appointed, together with the names, current e-mail addresses and telephone numbers of three relevant references.
Applications close on 20 February 2020.
Applications sent via email will not be considered.
WWF seeks to promote diversity among its staff. Candidates who have not received a response within three weeks of the closing date are kindly requested to assume that their application has not been successful in this instance. WWF-SA reserves the right not to fill this position.
If you think this position is for you...