Growth Product Manager
Yoco - Cape Town, Province of the Western Cape
Growth Product Manager
Yoco is looking for a senior product manager to join our growth marketing team, as we innovate and develop the way we inform, educate and onboard small businesses across South Africa and beyond.
We are seeking someone with a passion and depth of experience in solving problems and successful build and continuously improve our website and sign-up flows. Ideally, we imagine you should have a few solid years of product experience, preferably e-commerce or lead generation website product management.
ROLE | WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING?
- Define and drive the website and conversion (sign-up) product strategy and vision for the collection of products you manage and innovate.
- Build deep insights and empathy with your customers, identifying problems and opportunities to solve them.
- Manage the balance of aesthetic beauty and functional performance.
- Be the expert for your products, know your customers, competitors, and industry
- Create, drive, and communicate an evolving agile roadmap that takes into account customer needs, market trends, and business objectives
- Identify, measure, and validate customer needs and market opportunities quickly and iteratively
- Collaborate closely with UX, design, data science, developers and external partners in the execution of your Product Strategy
- Plan and execute successful product betas and launches with multiple teams across the business.
- Evaluate the impact and revenue contribution of the products you manage.
- Lead, guide, and coach junior product managers to enable organisational growth and long-term success of the Yoco Product.
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR?
Key requirements to perform responsibilities:
- 5+ years proven experience as a Product Manager or in a similar role
- Experience in product lifecycle management, preferably in e-Commerce or lead generation.
- Passion for product development with an extraordinary attention to detail
- Experience working with or managing cross-functional teams
- Product marketing and go-to-market experience
- Able to identify and implement product experiments
- Experience in using data and metrics in decision making
- Strong written, visual, and oral communication skills
- Comfortable engaging with senior stakeholders
- Experience within financial services or fintech is beneficial
THE YOCO FORMULA - HOW WE CREATE VALUE
The Yoco formula is a validated approach to work and a set of behaviours that create maximum value for our customers and help us grow.
Core Values - Our way of working to create value & grow
- Stay Connected
- Make Space to Explore
- Keep it Simple
- Master your Craft
Leadership Principles - How we show up, engage & treat each other
- Get to know each other personally
- Say what you think and challenge me directly
- Be courageous and focus forward
- Don't let ego get in the way
To support this, we have built a role-based organisation where every individual is given the space to focus and develop their innate strengths. Everyone at Yoco has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels. You will be working with a diverse, motivated and skilled team who will continuously stretch you as an individual. To learn more about our culture, go to our #YocoLife page or subscribe to our Exposure Gallery
Join us on a meaningful journey at Yoco, and help enable our merchants to thrive through Open Commerce!
Yoco encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. Open positions at Yoco are competitive and we often receive high volumes of applicants. If you have not received further updates on your application after three weeks, you're welcome to request feedback.