Head of Product
Yoco - Cape Town, Province of the Western Cape
Head of Product
Yoco is looking for an exceptional individual to become our new Head of Product and be responsible for setting goals and driving major strategic product initiatives that will influence the direction of the company. You will work together with an amazing team of passionate product managers and talented leaders across functions to create and deliver products that are loved by thousands of businesses. The ideal candidate for this role has a passion for inspiring, mentoring and developing a team with demonstrated experience in delivering quality products within a multi-product ecosystem.
This leader must be a deep technologist, possess proven expertise in enhancing productivity, nurturing customer satisfaction, and apply their profound understanding of payments to foster innovation in the work environment.
ROLE | WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- Lead, manage and mentor a team of product managers, and related personnel.
- Product planning and assignment of tasks and deliverables.
- Product lifecycle management from concept to launch of the product(s) across all products/product lines.
- Own the roadmap development process and communicate with the Executive, and other stakeholders.
- Setup and manage product reporting capabilities that provide a high level and detailed view of product related insights. (These mechanisms will include both quantitative and qualitative data gathering).
- Articulate a clear vision for new products and work cross-functionally with the executive team, engineering, growth, sales and operations to define strategic projects, determine prioritisation for them, and develop a product roadmap.
- Spearhead all customer development activities including user testing, feedback collection, and conversion optimisation. No one should understand our customer better than you.
- Design go-to-market plans for features and launches and provide guidance through major shifts in technology, direction, and business goals.
- Be a champion of both customer satisfaction/delight and business ROI.
- Design and lead exceptional products that help our customers grow their businesses.
- Collaborate with the engineering team to find the right technological solutions for building our Labs products and programs.
- Organise and adhere to tight schedules and working with others to ensure everyone is on-track to reach their assigned goals within the allocated time frame.
- Work with sales and support teams to find opportunities for improvement and growth.
- Work directly with design/development teams on sprint scheduling and functionality testing.
IDEAL CANDIDATE | WHAT ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Proven ability to articulate a vision and strategy in a way that inspires and motivates a team to focus their energy on achieving business goals.
- Strong leadership skills with a track record for investing in team and driving results through collaboration.
- Ability to create partnerships across the entire organisation and collaborate with a wide variety of stakeholders from engineers to executives.
- Ability to communicate clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Bachelor's degree required. A degree in computer science or a related field is preferred. An MBA is highly preferred.
- 8+ years of experience building products with 3+ years of experience hiring, leading & mentoring product managers.
- Experience building products in payments, billing and/or FinTech space.
- Start-up experience is a must, whether you founded one or joined one, we are looking for an entrepreneurs mind and spirit.
- Proven business acumen and understanding of what drives conversion, usage, retention and growth.
- Experience working in a fast-growing team of Product Managers, engineers, and designers.
- Analytical skills using common modern tools like Mixpanel and google analytics.
THE YOCO FORMULA - HOW WE CREATE VALUE
The Yoco formula is a validated approach to work and a set of behaviours that create maximum value for our customers and help us grow.
Core Values - Our way of working to create value & grow
- Stay Connected
- Make Space to Explore
- Keep it Simple
- Master your Craft
Leadership Principles - How we show up, engage & treat each other
- Get to know each other personally
- Say what you think and challenge me directly
- Be courageous and focus forward
- Don't let ego get in the way
To support this, we have built a role-based organisation where every individual is given the space to focus and develop their innate strengths. Everyone at Yoco has the opportunity to lead a project and become a specialist, enabling flexibility, collaboration and accountability at all levels. You will be working with a diverse, motivated and skilled team who will continuously stretch you as an individual. To learn more about our culture, go to our #YocoLife page or subscribe to our Exposure Gallery.
Join us on a meaningful journey at Yoco, and help enable our merchants to thrive through Open Commerce!
Yoco encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply. Open positions at Yoco are competitive and we often receive high volumes of applicants. If you have not received further updates on your application after three weeks, you're welcome to request feedback.